800-222-9711

× Welcome to the KLAS Users Forum!
Tell us and our members who you are, what you like, and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

OPAC UPDATE

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #1651 by sbuchalter
OPAC UPDATE was created by sbuchalter
Something that should be done with OPAC.  Items that have a down only status (and link to do so) should not have an "add to basket" button.  We've had a lot of calls from customers who didn't know why they couldn't proceed when they clicked on it.   (If the button can't be removed, maybe it can be grayed out?)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #1652 by patrick20k
Replied by patrick20k on topic OPAC UPDATE
I've asked Development whether this is possible, but I do want to point out Download Only items can usually also be duplicated using a Scribe or Gutenberg, so most libraries will continue to allow patrons to submit requests for those titles.

I'll let you know if I find out that we can disable the "add to basket" function for Download Only titles.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #1653 by sbuchalter
Replied by sbuchalter on topic OPAC UPDATE
Thanks Katy.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #1654 by sbuchalter
Would it be easier, if there was a line of text in heavy bold right above the download link? Something like "To download this title, click here. Do not put in basket. Do not check it out."

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #1656 by massbibliophile
Replied by massbibliophile on topic OPAC UPDATE
What is the rationale for not wanting people to check them out this way? Is it that titles on a request might just sit there?

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #1657 by sbuchalter
The issue is that the user can put it in his/her basket but can't download it through checking out and get an error message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: massbibliophile

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds

KLAS Users - Keystone Systems, Inc. logo

Keystone Systems, Inc.
8016 Glenwood Ave., Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27612
800-222-9711