800-222-9711

Hide Local Subjects ?

More
1 year 2 months ago #1408 by dmalosh
Asking for friend...

Can we opt to hide local subjects in the web OPAC?  If not in the current web OPAC, is this a capability that will be added to new web OPAC?  Or would this be another thing where we'll need to wait for KLAS 8?

I'm thinking of subjects that may be used for internal/library use. Or maybe you don't want folks to see which titles your library has put an NAS on.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #1409 by patrick20k
Replied by patrick20k on topic Hide Local Subjects ?
So, you're looking to hide only *specific* subjects, like NAS or other internal use subjects, while still displaying the rest of the list, right?

More
1 year 2 months ago #1413 by dmalosh
Replied by dmalosh on topic Hide Local Subjects ?
Yes. Specific subjects, like "Large Print Book Maintenance Needed" (a subject we use on our large print books when we still need to add say an annotation or other metadata, but we want to make the title available for circulation ASAP).

More
1 year 2 months ago #1415 by patrick20k
Replied by patrick20k on topic Hide Local Subjects ?
Yes, I believe we can do that!
Is it okay if I go ahead and set that up for your Large Print Book Maintenance Needed subject, and then provide you with the instructions to hide other internal subjects from the OPAC as needed?
The following user(s) said Thank You: dmalosh

More
1 year 2 months ago #1416 by dmalosh
Replied by dmalosh on topic Hide Local Subjects ?
Yeah! That'd be great! Thanks, Katy. (I honestly didn't think this would be possible in the current web OPAC.)

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds

KLAS Users - Keystone Systems, Inc. logo

Keystone Systems, Inc.
8016 Glenwood Ave., Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27612
800-222-9711