800-222-9711

2018 KLAS Users' Conference Session Descriptions

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #378 by Andrea
Session Title: Creative Community Collaboration in Outreach & Social Media

Session Description: Partnering with community organizations, libraries, and agencies to cross-market and expand your services can be fun, cost-effective, and beneficial. Learn about real examples of collaborative social media campaigns and outreach events. Share your experiences and brainstorm other ways to network and build partnerships in support of your library, your patrons, and your community.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Andrea.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #380 by aravenholt
And at the eleventh hour:
I'd be happy to do Handling Your NLS Data, and the Outreach BoaF.
Also the New Features Workshop (if we want any specifics added that are different from last year)
I have no background for it, but I can do "Printing Pretty" if I can talk with someone who is good at this :)

More
6 years 1 month ago #383 by Andrea
Amy,

Have you written your session descriptions yet? I am working on the Agenda and need them.

Thank you,
Drea

More
6 years 1 month ago #385 by thorntonc
Show Me the MONEY!!

Join us for a panel discussion where we will explore essential tools necessary to breakdown the challenges you face finding funding for your library and creative budgeting tactics to survive on limited means.

More
6 years 1 month ago #386 by Andrea
Session Descriptions from Amy Ravenholt:

Bulldogging Your NLS Data (including BARD, NLS MARC Records & PIMMS)
Tame your NLS data problems in this hands-on workshop with Nancy. Round up missing MARC records to resolve BARDLoad errors, and wrestle NLS subjects into producing local subject codes. Search PIMMS to find the source for those maverick patron transfers, and import herds of Has Hads (no re-keying required). Even if this isn’t your first rodeo, Nancy can show you how to save time and whip your database into shape.

Outreach BoaF
Moderator: Amy Ravenholt
We are all trying to get the word out about talking book and braille services to prospective patrons, and to the third parties who might recommend them. Come discuss what strategies and tools have worked for you, and bring examples of your promotional materials.

More
6 years 1 month ago #387 by epawlus
I think these look great, but I'll admit that I didn't know the term "bulldogging" until I looked it up. Perhaps we could go with something like "wrangling", which keeps to the colloquial/Western feel of it? Just a thought!

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds

KLAS Users - Keystone Systems, Inc. logo

Keystone Systems, Inc.
8016 Glenwood Ave., Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27612
800-222-9711