800-222-9711

New Serials from August, Op-Alert 21-53

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #1134 by patrick20k
In August, it was brought to our attention that three new braille serials were being offered for download and subscription, per NLS Ops-Alert 21-53.We added these serials to all of our hosted libraries. For self-hosted customers, screenshots of the Title information and Captions set-up for each magazine are available for reference, along with the annotation information provided by NLS.Please let us know if you have any questions or need assistance.

August 2021 Serials:
  • Cricket, SER-CRI1
Introduces children to fiction & classic literature and nonfiction stories. Monthly, with summer months combined.
  • Dell Sunday Crosswords, SER-DEL1
Offers unique, demanding crosswords crafted by the finest puzzle constructors in the United States. Includes themed puzzles and features tougher Sunday-size puzzles. Quarterly.
  • Knitscene, SER-KNI1
Features seasonal patterns, expert tips and tricks, inspiration and more as you advance your knitting repertoire. Quarterly.

Screenshots included in the attached file:

File Attachment:

File Name: OpsAlert-21-53.rtf
File Size:19,350 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by patrick20k.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #1139 by maureen
Hi Katy!
Were the others mentioned also added?
National Geographic Kids, NGW1 (already available in audio as NGW4)
Sports Illustrated Kids, SPK1 (already available in audio as SPK4)
Thanks! I am not able to log into KLAS now to check, I need IT help, but anything you can add would be helpful...Maureen

More
2 years 6 months ago #1140 by patrick20k
Hi Maureen,
Sorry for the delay, but yes, you do have NGW1 and SPK1 in your system.

If anyone needs the full Title information and Captions for these serials, please let me know and I'll get them for you.

More
2 years 6 months ago #1141 by maureen
Hi again! I copied the annotation information from the Op Alert into the Title tab, but was not able to add any subjects. I understand that perhaps the title is self explanatory, but if it is possible to enhance the records, please let me know! I do not have annotations for NGW1 or SPK1.Thanks!

More
2 years 6 months ago #1142 by patrick20k
NGW1: Fact-filled, fast-paced magazine created especially for ages 6 and up.

SPK1: Sports news and articles for ages 8 to 13; features sports personalities, events, and sports cards; youth who are excelling in sports; regular column by youth discussing a controversial sports-related issue.

Full Title info and Caption set-up attached:
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds

KLAS Users - Keystone Systems, Inc. logo

Keystone Systems, Inc.
8016 Glenwood Ave., Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27612
800-222-9711