800-222-9711

Talking Book Topics - Large Print edition suspended

More
2 years 1 month ago #1168 by patrick20k
Per NLS OP-Alert 22-05, the large-print edition of Talking Book Topics has been suspended. Since the paper shortages and supply chain issues aren't expected to clear up anytime soon, the current recommendation is to stop subscribing new patrons to TBT2, and consider switching active patrons already subscribed to the audio edition, TBT4.

Several libraries have set up KLAS to subscribe new patrons to SER-TBT2 automatically. To stop this, or to switch it to TBT4, you need to update the NewPatMedium Cross Reference. We're happy to assist if needed.

As for patrons already subscribed to TBT2: if you want to switch them to TBT4, we can work with you to determine the best way to do so. To help you focus your efforts on the patrons who actively use the catalog, we have created a program to run to find patrons who are served primarily through Quick Request.

If you have questions or need our assistance, please let us know! 

And finally, if you've created an announcement or are working on a strategy for communicating this to your patrons, please share it with the network here. 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #1170 by NC-Craig
I thank you for this. I actually set up a way to find heavy users of TBT2 by using the Svc Queue items assigned by user report in the patron module. Running the report against manual entries, for 2021, for each staff member who has taken bulk requests. For comparison, it would great to have the program run to show who is served primarily by quick request. I'm thinking the lists should match pretty well.
The only other action we have setup to happen is an email blast to all of the patrons who have email addresses on file offering mostly what NLS has already sent to libraries in the OPS alert. This way we can hit a great many active patrons and their caregivers.

More
2 years 1 month ago #1171 by patrick20k
Good call on using the Assigned by User report! I'll let Customer Support know that you're interested in the Quick Request list as well.

More
2 years 1 month ago #1175 by patrick20k
We now have the MARC record for DB106440, the stand-alone January-February issue of TBT2. If you would like this loaded to your catalog (allowing for Duplication of this issue), please contact Customer Support!

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds

KLAS Users - Keystone Systems, Inc. logo

Keystone Systems, Inc.
8016 Glenwood Ave., Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27612
800-222-9711