800-222-9711

From Order Error to Service Queue

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #1198 by ADiggsKSTB
Hello all,

I don't know if anyone has brought this up before, but it would be great if, when we cancel a duplication order that has an error on it, and choose the option to add the books back onto the service queue, it would add the books to the top of the queue, rather than the bottom of the queue. Patrons probably want those books sooner rather than later, and moving them individually from the bottom to the top is a pain.

Thank you,

Amanda Diggs
Production Manager
State Library of Kansas
Talking Books Service
The following user(s) said Thank You: patrick20k, SamLundberg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #1199 by NC-Craig
Agreed. That would be a better way to it if/when you cancel an order and want to add the items back onto the Service Queue. The workaround to this is to cancel the order then resend it. Even if you leave it as a newly created order it now will be the next order up on the orders tab. Then again this is situational and maybe you don't want to send the order the next time afterall.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #1200 by ADiggsKSTB
That would be a good workaround for some situations, but you're right; in the particular situation I'm thinking of, we didn't want to resend it right away, as the patron had already reached their cutoff for cartridges in circulation. This patron also has an unusually lengthy service queue, which makes it more tedious to add the books from the bottom of the queue to the top. Thank you.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #1201 by NC-Craig
One thing I will say, is that if you are obeying strictly max on DB the created order will sit and wait on the orders tab until a cartridge (order) is checked in before assigning it. So if it a question of making sure that the missed order gets sent out next this would work for your situation. As I said, it could be that they will want something else in the meantime, but the assignment of the order sitting created as the next order will be controlled by the next order that gets checked back in.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #1202 by ADiggsKSTB
The option to create an order without it going out before another order is checked in doesn't really apply to our library's system. Thank you anyway.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #1203 by SamLundberg
I honestly thought that this was already the way it worked, but nope, right to the end... Maybe it got broken at some point amid the various improvements the service queue has seen in the last couple years?

Either way, absolutely agree that in terms of intuitive behavior and quality of life, cancelled books at the top of the queue just makes sense.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #1204 by patrick20k
Thanks for the suggestion and discussion! I'll pass this on to our developers.

In the meantime, everyone please feel free to continue sharing your thoughts on this issue!

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds

KLAS Users - Keystone Systems, Inc. logo

Keystone Systems, Inc.
8016 Glenwood Ave., Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27612
800-222-9711