800-222-9711

Books from Request List to DoD Service Queue

More
2 years 7 months ago #1114 by ADiggsKSTB
Hello,

For the Duplication on Demand system, it would be convenient if we had the ability to add books to a patron's service queue directly from their request list. Right now, the request list gives the option to assign books to a patron from that list, but only if they are not switched over to the DoD system yet. When you add books from the book search, and accidentally hit the "Assign" button, it pops up with a window box that gives you the option of adding it to the service queue, if the patron is on DoD. It would be nice to have this feature for the request list, or perhaps another "Add to service queue" button from that tab.

Thank you!

Amanda Diggs
Production Manager
State Library of Kansas
Talking Books Service
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_lang, kpaczosa, SamLundberg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #1115 by NC-Craig
I agree that seems to be something missing, particularly for long requests list of established patrons. It's something we have lots of. We typically just let the Service Queue empty and have it pull from the request list first before other actions. This works ok, but having a bulk tool seems logical. It's something we've had implemented now with conversions to duplication service and for comments in bulk. One thing to consider, since it's available and was very useful during the early days of converting people for cassette service to digital talking books, is the Bulk Reserves tool. Maybe there is a way to re-imagine the use of that to instead of changing reserve types and such en-masse, making ones of it's capabilities of moving over items in bulk to the service queue. I think we're going down that road now since most of our requests that we get mailed in and such we automatically put on the service queue instead of the request list. Just a thought...

More
2 years 7 months ago #1116 by SamLundberg
I agree with adding an "add to service queue" button anywhere an "assign" button exists already. I think the only places it is missing are the Requests tab and the Quick Request screen, but I may be blanking on others.

If you're trying to bulk move items to the service queue, you can do this relatively easily by setting the patron to a "request only" service type, knocking the size of their queue up as high as you need, and then clicking "fill" on the service queue. You then have to set everything back if they want auto-select or author-select books once the requests are gone, but it at least saves you from keying in all their requests through Quick Request.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kpaczosa

More
2 years 7 months ago #1120 by Lori Brown
This change would streamline the process. It is a bulky not-so-friendly process right now.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds

KLAS Users - Keystone Systems, Inc. logo

Keystone Systems, Inc.
8016 Glenwood Ave., Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27612
800-222-9711