800-222-9711

New light indicators for Scribe

More
1 year 1 month ago #1434 by patrick20k
An update is being rolled out for all Scribe hardware adding two new status indicators:
  • All lights flash yellow if the cache drive is not detected.
  • All lights flash magenta if the network connection is down.
The Scribe may briefly display the network alert as it boots up prior to successfully connecting. If the alert clears on its own after a very short time, there's no need to worry.

If the network alert stays on, the Scribe is not able to communicate with your database--check that your network connection is up and contact us if the Scribe still can't connect.

Similarly, if the cache drive alert is on, please contact us for assistance.

Finally, a reminder to please leave your Scribe(s) powered on and connected to the network overnight to allow us to apply this and other updates, as well as allowing your Scribe to download the newly added titles.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #1435 by SamLundberg
Thank you, more information is always appreciated! Are there any plans to reflect this information on the status website?

And to clarify, is the magenta alert a loss of network connectivity? Or a loss of connection to the KLAS database? The former would always mean the latter, but if our database is down for whatever reason will our Scribes flash magenta despite having an internet connection?

More
1 year 1 month ago #1436 by patrick20k
Great questions! I believe this information will be included in the web monitor overhaul that is underway.

I will need to get confirmation on the second--I'll let you know what I hear back on Monday.

More
1 year 1 month ago #1437 by patrick20k
Heard back sooner than expected: The specific loss detected is to the database. So you are correct that there may be cases when the internet connection is actually up, but the database is down (or a configuration error is simply preventing the Scribe from connecting to it).
The following user(s) said Thank You: SamLundberg

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds

KLAS Users - Keystone Systems, Inc. logo

Keystone Systems, Inc.
8016 Glenwood Ave., Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27612
800-222-9711