800-222-9711

Scribe Tower design question

More
2 years 2 months ago #1176 by patrick20k
Attention Scribe libraries (and future Scribe libraries):

We are considering switching from a custom-built case for the Scribe tower to a pre-fabricated model. This would reduce the time needed to build each tower, and would hopefully be a more reliable supply.

However, to fit the tower into the case we are evaluating, we would need to reduce the height of the shelves beside each cartridge port. Most likely, they would no longer be large enough to fit a mailing container, only the mail card itself. Currently, it's about a 1.6" gap between shelves, easily fits a 0.75" high mailing container. Depending on how many slots we try to fit in, we would probably be looking at a gap right at 0.75", which would obviously make it tough to fit a mailing container in there.

Please let us know what you would think of this change!

For current Scribe libraries: do you tend to load the card into cases while the cartridges are still duplicating, or do you wait until duplication is finished? Do you generally use all 15 cartridge slots in the tower, or do you frequently run smaller batches?

For future Scribe libraries: if you had the option, do you think you would prefer the taller shelves, or smaller ones? Would it be worth having fewer ports to allow mailing containers to fit?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #1177 by SamLundberg
I put this to our circ staffer running the Scribe most days, and he doesn't put the mailing cards into cases until after duplication is completed, so smaller slots wouldn't impact our workflow at all. We have two towers and tend to fill up both, which tells you just how important the number of cartridge slots is to us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: patrick20k

More
2 years 2 months ago #1178 by kate kosior
Our duplication person doesn't put the mailing containers into those slots, just the cards themselves. He inserts them into the mailers after the cartridge completes, so it wouldn't impact us at all to have thinner slots.

More
2 years 1 month ago #1181 by jmcgarity
Currently, we only have the scribe mini, but I do put the mail card into all of the cases while the first four are duplicating. I find it saves me some time having the cases and cards already together.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds

KLAS Users - Keystone Systems, Inc. logo

Keystone Systems, Inc.
8016 Glenwood Ave., Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27612
800-222-9711