800-222-9711

Moving Requests to SQ

More
3 years 4 months ago #966 by Ansty
Moving Requests to SQ was created by Ansty
We have been slowing moving patrons to DoD for about a month now and have run into one pretty inconvenient thing so I thought I'd check to see if there was a feature I wasn't aware of.
Is it possible to select things from a patron's request list and, with the click of one button (similar to the assign button) move them to the SQ? If anyone has any insight on this please share!

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #968 by patrick20k
Replied by patrick20k on topic Moving Requests to SQ
I'm thinking currently the best way to do this would be to delete them from the request list and re-key them into Quick Request.

I'm assuming that they're potentially scattered through the request list, so just increasing the Max Titles and refilling the queue wouldn't reliably "catch" them. If you do just want more requests over-all going into new (and refilled) Service Queues, remember that you can adjust the Max Per Function for reserves and requests in your Nightly Configuration.

Anyone else have suggestions on quickly & easily moving titles from the request list to the service queue? Do you think you'd also use an "Add to Service Queue" button on the requests tab? Please let us know!

More
3 years 4 months ago #969 by tkalber
Replied by tkalber on topic Moving Requests to SQ
We would definitely use an "Add to service queue button" on the request tab. A lot of time patrons will call and want specific books on their request list first. So the only way we can do that is to key them into the service queue. A button would save time for the RAs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: maureen

More
3 years 4 months ago #973 by epawlus
Replied by epawlus on topic Moving Requests to SQ
We would appreciate anything that makes it easier to move reserves and requests over to the Service Queue.

I'm not sure if this is too off topic, but it is related. We are having issues with patrons who are making web requests, particularly those who are used to how the rush function used to work. I know that we can make adjustments on the profile tab so the queue fills more often, but for duplication patrons it would be nice for those requests to either go directly into the service queue, or to be more quickly shuttled over there. (Like what we're doing for local serials.) We had one patron today who had made some reserves a couple of days ago, but we realized that unless we intervene they'll get many more books they didn't request ahead of them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: maureen, Lisa900

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds

KLAS Users - Keystone Systems, Inc. logo

Keystone Systems, Inc.
8016 Glenwood Ave., Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27612
800-222-9711