800-222-9711

Bug in system

More
3 years 2 months ago #989 by sbuchalter
Bug in system was created by sbuchalter
Hi,

When I copy the title field (Ctrl-C) on the Title-Bib tab of the Catalogue module (so I can paste it into a document I'm working on), the entire toolbar becomes unavailable (it gets grayed out).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #990 by patrick20k
Replied by patrick20k on topic Bug in system
Sounds like a pain! I'm having trouble replicating this, could I get some more info?

Do you have the record open for editing when you try to copy the title?
Are you have any accessibility software running on your computer (screen reader, zoomtext, etc)?

Under normal circumstances, I'd have you try doing the same thing on a coworker's computer to see if the same problem happens, but if that isn't convenient or safe for you, can you just have a coworker try it?

Any info you can give us will help us narrow down what might be causing this!

More
3 years 2 months ago #991 by sbuchalter
Replied by sbuchalter on topic Bug in system
Hi Katy,

It happens on my coworkers' computers as well. It seems to only happen in the title-bib tab of the catalogue module.

I'm not in editing mode. I just simply highlight the title field (using my mouse), and hit Ctrl-C. (It also only happens when I Ctrl-C the title field - it doesn't happen on any other field).

Screenshot attached.
Attachments:

More
3 years 2 months ago #992 by patrick20k
Thanks for the extra info! And I am seeing it in our test database as well now. I'll pass this on to the developers for a fix.

In the meantime, I did find that "resetting" the record puts things back to normal-- that's the looping-back arrow in the bottom toolbar, or Alt-Ctrl-Z. Hopefully that'll help you get through making your document with less trouble.

More
3 years 2 months ago #993 by sbuchalter
Replied by sbuchalter on topic Bug in system
OK. Thanks again.

More
3 years 2 months ago #995 by massbibliophile
Replied by massbibliophile on topic Bug in system
Yep, this has been a problem for years, well before 7.7. Like the mouse hitting the electrified floor, I learned to avoid it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nancyr

More
3 years 1 month ago #1021 by patrick20k
James, you can start trying to un-train that poor mouse.

The developers found the source of this bug and squashed it. The next release will have the fix for it.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

KLAS Users - Keystone Systems, Inc. logo

Keystone Systems, Inc.
8016 Glenwood Ave., Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27612
800-222-9711