800-222-9711

Patron - Service Queue - multi-select move

More
4 years 1 week ago #866 by NC-Craig
A feature we've been wanting for a while, since we went live with duplication on demand, is the ability to select multiple items on the Service Queue and move them up or down as a group. This could be tied in with the ability to also delete these "grouped" items.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 week ago #868 by patrick20k
There are some technical challenges to doing this while maintaining accessibility and good performance... but I will bring this back to the attention of the dev team and ask them to continue working towards a solution.

Others reading this: please chime in to let us know if you consider this a high-priority request, something that'd be nice eventually, or if you have a good work-around. We appreciate your input!

More
4 years 1 week ago #869 by NC-Craig
I know. But it's something we have been asking for a while. The Service Queue can get tricky to navigate when it gets larger. From the experience of having to rebuild it from scratch, particularly early on, removing items one by one can be time consuming and inefficient. It would be so nice to have a multiselect option to move things up or down or remove items from particular areas of the service queue, since this is the primary mechanism for building orders.
The following user(s) said Thank You: patrick20k

More
3 years 1 month ago #1026 by NC-Craig
I'm revisiting being able to have a way to select multiple items on the service queue and move them up or down as a group. In some cases to the top or bottom of the service queue. This would be especially helpful in cases where you have to cancel an order (due to an error or some other reason) and choose to have the items added back to the service queue. Maybe you don't want to just go and recreate the order, but instead you'd like it queued up for the next round of order creation. Currently this action moves all of these items from the order you just cancelled to the bottom of the service queue. Then if you want them to be, as intended, part of the next order that goes out, move them all back to the top. If you move things individually to the top of the list you may not be able to replicate the order of the books or magazines in the order itself at this point. Another use would be to just delete multiple items quickly from the service queue, as opposed to one by one. As this all evolves we'd like to evolve how we interact with the service queue. The other thing I can foresee is a day when patrons will be able to add items to the service queue (or delete them) from the Web OPAC. In this case it will be useful to allow patrons, or staff working with them, to be able to quickly reorganize groups of books or magazines.

More
3 years 1 month ago #1027 by SamLundberg
I completely agree that having more tools to manipulate the Service Queue would help speed up a lot of the work that I do.

In a DoD world, the order in which books are sent out matters in a way it didn't before, and the the ability to highlight a range of books and then move, delete, or invert that range would be something I would use on a daily basis.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds

KLAS Users - Keystone Systems, Inc. logo

Keystone Systems, Inc.
8016 Glenwood Ave., Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27612
800-222-9711