800-222-9711

Duplication on Demand Reports

More
4 years 1 month ago #829 by epawlus
I've done a quick search around KLAS, but haven't found any reports specific to Duplication on Demand. Is there a way to determine how many cartridges are circulating and how many titles overall? And, how many patrons are on duplication service?

Alternately, I see that there is now a check mark for "Exclude Duplication Cartridges" on the New Items Received/Added Report. Thank you for that. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #830 by patrick20k
Duplication-specific reports (or Dup-specific settings for existing reports) are in the works. In the meantime...

To determine how many cartridges have circulated, run the Circulation Report (Circulation Module - Reports - Circulation - Circulation Report) and set the the Begin and End KLAS ID to DB-Cart. The Circulation Report will also include some other useful info, such as number of patrons who received cartridges (good to compare with the number you get below) and check-outs vs check-ins.

[/ul]
To determine how many patrons are set up on duplication service, run a Query.
  • Main Status | Equals | Active (if desired)
    Advanced Tab:
  • Media | Pat Medium | Equals | DB
  • Media | Delivery Method | Begins | Dup

We do not currently have a way for you to check the number of Titles circulated via duplication, but I will make sure that's considered in the current efforts to build DoD reporting. We may be able to run the numbers behind-the-scenes. I'll ask around, but please go ahead and email us with the request so it gets entered into our tracking system.

Glad to hear that the option to exclude cartridges from the New Items report has been helpful!

More
4 years 1 month ago #831 by SamLundberg
You can determine how many titles are out currently using a Shelf Listing Report in the Cataloging Module. Just set Begin Shelf ID and End Shelf ID as 'Virtual'. Doesn't tell you how many titles have circulated in the past, however. If you have an initial announcement file, you should be able to count the number of cartridges out by counting the copies of that KLAS ID on the Shelf Listing Report.

Looking forward to DoD reporting, if possible I'd like to exclude initial announcement files from most stats. We currently do this in the Circulation Report by limiting the KLAS ID range from DB000001 - DNM099999 (since our announcement files are DNM10000+), but it would be helpful to have that built into future reports.

More
4 years 1 month ago #832 by patrick20k
Thanks, Sam! I'll pass on this info to the people working on the report(s)--I agree that excluding the initial announcement is probably the way to go, or at least something to have as an option.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SamLundberg

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

KLAS Users - Keystone Systems, Inc. logo

Keystone Systems, Inc.
8016 Glenwood Ave., Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27612
800-222-9711