The 2018 KLAS Users' Conference offers attendees three days of intensive networking and training opportunities with Keystone employees and other library administrators and staff who use KLAS. Why should you attend the 2018 KLAS Users' Conference?
During the conference attendees participate in:
- One-on-one discussions with colleagues and Keystone staff
- General Sessions, Seminars, and Workshops led by Keystone instructors
- Opportunities to provide feedback to KLAS developers
- General sessions addressing new features and ways to use KLAS
Host: The Idaho Commission for Libraries Talking Book Service will host the 2018 KLAS Users' Conference. All conference sessions will be held at the Boise Public Library's Main Library in downtown Boise.
Conference Theme: Elevating LIBRARY! Services
Boise Public Library Main Library
715 South Capitol Blvd.
Boise, ID 83702
Before 10 AM you must enter the library through the Hayes Auditorium entrance. Also, please wear your conference badge so library staff can confirm that all persons entering before 10 AM are with the conference.
Getting to / around Boise during the 2018 KLAS Users' Conference: airport shuttle info, walking directions with photos from the hotels to the library, & more
Dates: Conference sessions begin the morning of Tuesday, May 8 and end the afternoon of Thursday, May 10.
Registration: Online registration for the 2018 KLAS Users' Conference is now available! After you register for the conference, be sure to complete the separate breakout session registration.
2018 conference registration fees & deadlines:
- Early Bird: $120.00 / person (on or before 1/31/2018)
- Full Registration: $145.00 / person (2/1/2018 – 3/30/2018)
- Late Registration: $170.00 / person (3/31/2018 – onsite)
Conference Format: Each day attendees will have the chance to network with librarians who use KLAS, attend general sessions and choose from different types of breakout sessions including Workshops, Seminars, and Birds-of-a-Feather Discussions. The finalized conference agenda and daily schedule are now available for your planning convenience.
Accommodations: The conference hotels will be the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Boise Downtown and the Residence Inn by Marriott Boise Downtown which are across a parking lot from one another. Each is offering a special conference rate of $93.00 / night + 13% tax for all attendees. Online booking is now available. Be sure to book before April 9, 2018 to receive the conference rate.
- Getting to Boise: The Boise Airport is served by major airlines including Delta, Southwest, United, American, and Alaska.
- Getting to the Hotel: Both the TownePlace Suites and the Residence Inn offer a complimentary shuttle from the Boise Airport to the hotel.
- Getting from the Hotel to the Conference Location: It is approximately a 0.5 mile walk from the hotels on relatively flat streets to the Boise Public Library Main Library. Local taxi services, Uber, and Lyft are also available to transport attendees to the library. Click here for walking directions with photos of the route.
- Custom Google Map for the 2018 KLAS Users' Conference which includes the Downtown Boise Public Library, conference hotels, restaurants near the library and the hotels, and other recommended businesses and points of interest.
- Getting to / around Boise during KLAS UC 2018
- 2018 KLAS Users' Conference Custom Map and Recommended Restaurants
- Boise Airport
- Boise Public Library Main Library
- Boise.org (Boise Convention & Visitor's Bureau)
- Top 10 Things to Do in Boise from TripAdvisor
- Downtown Boise Dining
- Downtown Boise Shopping